The Q Store hires out many, many items including light weight hike tents.
Q: What happens when 100+ very wet tents return from camp?
A: The Q Store happens
- You’ve had persistent rain and every tent is wet.
- You’ve left them up as long as possible
- A clear sky and a gentle breeze is not coming
- The time has come to head home
What do you do next?
- If you are lucky just the fly and the ground sheet (orange gar-bag opened out) are wet.
- Invariably though, the tent will get wet just taking it down.
- Shake off as much water as you can (without drowning yourself)
- And then pack normally, yes that’s right – Pack it Wet
The next bit is really important
- Tents grow mildew when they are warm, moist and dark.
- Packed up wet in the trailer or the boot of your car is mildew growing heaven
When you get home
- Pitch the tent again as soon as possible in a dry ventilated space.
- Don’t leave a wet tent packed any longer than 24 hours
- If you don’t have an immediate dry option, unpack and re-pitch in the rain.
- Double check that the floor, poles and pegs are also dry.
- Re-pack then store the tent when it is completely dry.
Or when you return 100 wet lightweight tents to The Q Store…….Blue Dome City !